- updated jsch library to version 0.1.48
- massive code cleanup, dropped theme support
- updated BSD grammar to fix parse errors
- set default file encoding for Mac app file to UTF-8
- fixed: ignore hidden files does not work on Mac
- fixed: diff of text files does not work when selecting file in right panel
- fixed: user names containing "." not working when using cli commandos
- fixed: NullPointerException on Mac OS X when highlighting files (DefaultTableCellRenderer problem)
- added Dutch translation
- added BSD ls plugin (works on Mac OS X)
- added support for Mac OS X (app file)
- updated favorites dialog for saving details about connections
- fixed installer permission problems for Windows and Mac
- fixed: clear control center when disconnect clicked and connection had previously been lost
- added case insensitive sort of file names (optional)
- updated commons net ftp from 1.4.1 to 2.0
- upgraded IzPack installer to 4.3.3
- copy function reverted to java.io to overcome several problems (cancellation or copying large files)
- sync progress window does not always close properly
- deleting does not follow symlinks anymore
- improved layout of collect files dialog
- improved speed of copy function to copy files locally with java.nio
- fixed: wrong height of status panel in Nimbus style
- fixed: not entire row is highlighted when multiple rows are selected
- fixed: reset currently shown path when aborting a sync
- fixed: shortcut does not work with KDE/Linux (cannot find bin directory)
- fixed: language used and selected not the same in 0.8.6
- fixed: language dialog hidden by splash screen
- fixed: files not copied if target directory already exists
- fixed: #2783603, "ignore .DS and ._files" cannot be switched off
- fixed: added installer for win64 (x86_64)
- fixed: Dupfinder accidently deletes files if target directory (of move) is not writable or does not exist
- rewrote Dupfinder algorithm for better performance
- massive code clean up
- added connection observer: Capivara is notified if a connection is lost
- added keep alive option: keeps sftp/ftp connections alive
- added password store: passwords can now be saved (Triple DES = DESede)
- fixed: focus lost when reloading directories
- Capivara crashed due to missing Italian flag (added to the bundle)
- added option to ignore .DS_Store and ._ files (Mac OS X)
- added option to specify max time difference [in secs] between two files for time sync
- added Spanish translation [Argentina] (Jorge L.)
- added Spanish translation [Spain] (John Smith)
- fixed encodings of translations to Chinese and Japanese
- do not reload directories if no synchronization has been performed
- set initial local directory for startup
- workaround for hidden file bug Java SDN  in local Windows plugin
- fixed: if path in command line ends with / then synchronization fails with IO error
- fixed: encoding of Chinese characters
- added option to change font size of file table
- improved mouse selection model in SyncExplorer
- IzPack installer updated
- added diff feature in SyncExplorer
- workaround for FTP library bug (see commons net ftp bug NET-188) (reported by Mihai Dobrescu)
- fixed bug to check connection state in FTP
- fixed bug in file transfer if connection gets lost just before the transfer starts
- fixed bug : file corruption due to faulty JRE API on Windows
- added -c (--config) option which can be used to set the path to the configuration files of Capivara
- added warning if case insensitive sync is enabled and 2 files in one directory are found with caseInsensitiveName(f1) = caseInsensitiveName(f2), e.g. fileXYZ and filexyz
- made duplication finder a property of a connection (removed global button)
- added support for HOME/END key in file viewer
- updated SSHTools to 0.2.9
- updated JSch to 0.1.34
- revised file transfer cancel code in SSHTools and JSch plug-in
- added noop as default sync direction
- password authentication handling in JSch plugin improved
- added status bar at bottom of UI
- shortened delay when opening internal viewer
- fixed font problems using GTK widgets
- added permission handling in FTP plugin
- added file synchronization by name and size
- [sync] fixed case insensitive bug : enabled option 'case insensitive' can lead to incorrect comparison results (sort function was still case sensitive)
- [gnu plugin] fixed change directory bug, a manual change of the current directory could fail even if it is a valid path
- [options dialog] changes in options dialog could not automatically be saved due to a wrong path to the configuration file
- [gui] fixed a problem with copy dialog artifacts using Gnome
- fixed path escaping in installer
- Massive clean up and refactoring
- Added duplication finder
- Changed selection model in SyncExplorer, click on right mouse button will also change the currently selected file
- added Italian translation (Simone Capitani)
- fixed file filter support which was broken in 0.8.1
- added detection of supported encoding by JVM
- added selection of control encoding in FTP plug-in
- fixed bug  host combo box loses input
- fixed "too many open files" bug while recursively setting permissions
- Added support to select an encoding when opening a connection
- Added font utilities for determining font metrics
- Added UTF-8 support for FTP connections
- Added additional SFTP plug-in (jsch)
- Added bidirectional synchronization option for time syncs
- Added case insensitive synchronization option and case insensitive file system support
- Added option panel that lists Capivara's key bindings (shortcuts)
- Rewrote locale handling, new/updated locales can now be dynamically loaded from directory .jfilesync/locales/ in the user's home directory
- Added: look and feel settings can now be saved and restored
- Added: option to set the length of the hostname in the tab title
- Added ChangeLog option to About menu
- Added shortcuts (mkdir - F7)
- Added scroll bars to list of favorites
- UTF-8 font display problem in SyncExplorer
- symlink target detection for FTP/SFTP plugin
- "Too many open files" when collecting files using the GNU plugin
- synchronization stalls when Capivara tries to copy files that contain corrupt properties (e.g. modification times)
- NullPointerException when reloading a directory and ".." is selected
- delete dialog is shown even if only ".." has been selected
- changed height of textfields in status line when using GTK look and feel
- synchronization is immediately aborted when a file cannot be deleted
- file system root (c:,e:) on Windows may not be updated correctly when the user presses the home button or enters a bookmark
- Added Traditional Chinese translation (Kuang-Chang Lin)
- Sync preview components have been revised and polished.
- Added Polish translation (Grzegorz Blonski)
- Action events (enter, escape) enabled in file rename dialog .
- File viewer selection model revised and improved. Selection is kept when table is reloaded.
- Fixed file copy bug on Windows.
- Quick connect dialog (popup trigger on connect button) doesn't work on Windows.
- Quick connect doesn't work for right pane browsers.
- File viewer update. Large files are loaded much quicker. Added close frame event (default F3).
- Added Japanese translation (Yasuo Tsuruha)
- Added quick connect option. User can quickly connect to his favourites. (right mouse click on the connect button (Windows/Linux/Unix))
- Added FAT time workaround for all connections.
- Massive speed improvement through an update of the file collecting algorithm. It's now completely multithreaded as collecting files is performed on both connections concurrently.
- Added directory bookmark handling. A user can save his favorite directories and revisit them later quickly.
- Code revision.
- Fixed. Bug in copy progress monitor. GUI thread does not sleep as expected and hence, it consumes far too much CPU time which makes the copy process slower.
- Selected filters have not been applied to all files in the synchronziation tree.
- Fixed FTP related problems. Rewrote code to determine if a file exists.
- Fixed. Backward compatibility problem with user selected translations that didn't exist in older releases.
- Added French translation (Charles Duysinx)
- Upgrade of ftp plugin: from commons net 1.4.0 to 1.4.1
- Added file filter support in synchronization.
- Subsequent error messages in a copy or sync process can be ignored.
- Support for Socks proxy (4/5) in ssh plugin.
- added patched version of SSHTools (0.2.9.1-sahu)
- added command line option 'gnu' as replacement for 'local'
- Connection dialog update: host prefix combobox revised
- FTP plugin: cancelling of put/get
- Insert a leading zero in minutes at "estimated time to finish" when hours>0 and minutes<10
- Capivara detects corrupted configuration files and handles this problem.
- Fixed. NullPointerException when performing a hash compare using a remote connection.
- GnuPlugin. Links to directories get properly resolved and dereferenced.
- TLocal_plugin. Link detection revised and corrected. Thanks to Ralf Hoffmann for his help.
- SSHTools: 0.2.9.1 fixes problems with UTF-8 encoded file names
- Collecting files for sync aborts when some file cannot get opened. Now the user can decide if he wants to add this restricted file to the exclude list. Synchronization of restricted directories is therefore also possible.
- When changing to a parent directory on a remote connection (SFTP/FTP) the child directory that we are coming from was not selected (Windows).
- Updated Chinese language pack (Joel)
- Updated Brazilian Portuguese language pack (Sergio Henrique)
- Replaced labels of synchronization dialogs by their locale representation.
- Deleted all deprected classes. Code cleanup.
- Massive speed improvement for constructing the synchronization tree. Before, the tree builder computed SHA-1 and MD5 hash sum for all files disregarding if files are already marked as unique. Now, it does only compute the hash code when a file is not unique and the corresponding file has the same file size.
- Skipping an existing file or directory will result in unprecise copy statistics.
- Copying a directory without having write permissions causes the copy thread to fail. The newly created directory is already given new permissions before files have been copied into. Subsequent attempts to append files will fail.
- When option "open a directory with a single mouse click" is enabled, the user is unable to select directories. Fixed. User can now hold down CTRL and click mouse button1 to select directories.
- LinkExistsDialog contains a method that is only available for JDK5. This method has been replaced in order to guarantee full Java 1.4.x compatibility.
- Added option "expert mode", if disabled: user cannot sync with SHA-1/MD5 using remote connections, GNU plugin not available
- Added hotkeys: C+n rename file, F3 start viewer
- Added option: always exit without prompt when closing Capivara
- Change dialog containing saved favourites. Only favourites for remote connections may be saved.
- Added: Choosing a port for remote connections.
- Added GNU plugin which is a replacement for the local plugin on Linux machines. It works with any Unix like system that uses the GNU ls command. The plugin is based on GNU ls (list directory contents). So, the file informations such as name, size, permissions etc. are taken from the GNU ls output.
- Selection behavior of entries in file table changed. When a directory gets listed in another panel, the keyboard focus will stay in the currently active panel. (Nice small patch by Ralf Hoffmann)
- fixed: Storing a file on FTP servers damages the target file when target has same name.
- fixed: Infinite loop: Another connection with this name already exists
- Scrollbar behavior changed when changing to a parent directory which has more entries than the filetable can display.
- fixed: directory permissions are not preserved
- added new keystrokes (see the howtos)
- added Chinese language pack (thanks to Joel Gump)
- Copying from a remote directory to a remote target is now completely transparent to the user. Only accumulated statistics of both operations, put and get, will be shown.
- Complete rewrite of the file copy classes (+statistics). Copying and syncing share one code base now. As a result, the sync progress dialog can retrieve statistical data of files which are transferred.
- The user can now choose to delete incomplete files in case of IO errors.
- fixed: file copy option "preserve permissions if available" is not saved
- After the user has cancelled the file transfer, the user gains control when the copy thread finally exits.
- The local plugin throws IOException when a file cannot be deleted and exits. Now, a confirmation dialog will be prompted to continue deleting files.
- possible deadlock when collecting file trees for synchronization
- MD5 sums were reported as SHA-1 sums when they differed
- added synchronization support for SHA-1
- added cancel button to status line, user can now cancel current worker threads
- the last visited directory will be automatically selected when the user goes up in the file tree
- added new dialog with stats/progressbar for comparing two directories (sync)
- added workaround for FAT timestamps (virtual change of resolution, sync), thanks to Ralf Hoffmann for code improvement
- added deletion status panel, when deleting files takes too long, the user can now cancel the operation
- added new worker GUI model, GUI components now plug dynamically into the corresponding panel when a worker is executed
- fixed focus bug when hitting tab after startup
- changed non thread-safe TFileDataCollector (did not propagate IOExceptions) for DataCollectWorker in SyncTreeBuilder
- changed DataCollectWorker to pass all occurring IOExceptions to its caller
- FTP plugin can now list hidden files. Changed LIST command to "LIST -a" in FTPCommand of commons.net.
- new options for synchronization view: hide/show files and directories
- fixed: deletion of files failed while syncing
- added file permissions handling for SFTP
- added file size view in bytes
- added option to show only the difference of sync trees
- added patched version of SSHTools (0.2.9-pre1) - fixes file permission handling
- preserve modification time works on directories The SSH_FXP_SETSTAT does only need to contain the changed attributes. use FileAttributes attr = new FileAttributes(); instead of FileAttributes attr = sftpClient.stat(file);
- fixed size of override dialog for German
- added plugin options
- added Key Authentication for SFTP plugin
- added protocol information in status bar
- added command line options (thanks to Ralf Hoffmann for his support)
- added patched version of SSHTools (0.2.8)
- Focus problem in DataTable seems to be solved now. DataTable does not loose the focus when the directory is changed for Java Swing binding.
- SSHTools patch: key exchange after tranferring 1 GB will cause disconnect
- SSHTools patch: can now be compiled with Java Tiger
- cleaned up images and reduced color maps and size
- language selection dialog at program start works now with JDK 1.4.x
- just fixed a bug in the installation package
- one essential jar files was not included in the pack
- substituted log4j logging code with java.util.logging
- code refactoring
- rewrote parts of code to get a clean plugin model for connection plugins
- OptionDialog lists available connection plugins
- added command line options --nosplash, --left, --right, --help
- added option "preserve modification time"
- implemented option "double click opens directory"
- implemented option "confirm open editor for file larger than"
- adjusted the size of JTextFields to look pretty on Windows
- synchronization is now possible in root and first level directories (/ or /home)
- changed focus traversal policy in ConnectionDialog
- time synchronization did not work as expected when the files on left panel were newer than the files on the right
- time synchronization option: copy only newer files
- fixed theme path bug on Windows (file separator)
- fixed bug of allowing to select files on either side at the same time
- fixed bug in sorting file sizes